Since restarting my blog last month I’ve decided to slowly chip away at some housekeeping on the site and will post about this from time to time to see if you folks can help me make some improvements. Please. Help me!
My first order of business was to take a quick stroll through my blogroll and see what my fellow Oakland bloggers have been up to. I was surprised to see how many of the blogs I previously perused have gone quiet.
And then again, I wasn’t so surprised. Because this whole blogging thing takes a lot of time and if you’re not getting paid to do it, it’s amazing how quickly other priorities (kids, work, school, etc.) can take over.
I’m eager to find new favorites to add to this list. So tell me… what Oakland blogs do YOU peruse? Please send my way!
Below is a list of my old blogroll with the status of each. To those that have passed on… I thank you for your service and wish you well in your current endeavors.
- 38th Notes – full media website
- A Better Oakland – officially closed November 2011
- Back to Oakland – last post April 2013
- City Homestead – proclaimed “dead”, last post March 2013
- Fragmentary Evidence – last post October 2013
- Living in the O – on extended hiatus, last post April 2013
- Myrtle Street Review – last post December 2011
- O-Scene – defunct
- Oakland Daily Photo – still going strong! kudos.
- Oakland Geology – still going strong! kudos.
- Oakland Grown – blog converted to website
- Oakland Local – full news website
- Oakland North – full news website (UC Berkeley)
- Oakland Space Academy – last post March 2012
- Oakland Swee(t)Art – last post April 2013
- Oakland’s Own – going strong. kudos.
- Only in Oakland – last post June 2011
- Our Oakland – going strong. Gene is a machine!
- Scenes from Oakland – last post July 2013
- Sweet Oakland – blog officially closed July 2013
- the DTO – last post July 2012
- Today In Montclair – last post June 2012
- Walk Oakland Bike Oakland – full organizational website
- We Fight Blight – last post March 2011
I’ve updated the blogroll to show the ones that are now solely archives, but eventually I’d love to have a list of all active thriving blogs about Oakland. I’m assuming some are out there, but maybe everyone’s just too busy facebooking,tweeting, and instagramming.
If you have some favorites about anything Oakland related, please send my way. Thanks!